Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Well, all I can say is I am very confused.

This topic always manages to enrage me.


Drug companies are the confusing character in a film, you can't decide whether they are good or bad. One minute they are saving a life, the next they are robbing your Grandmother. Decisions, decisions.


Media isn't much better. They are so obsessed with fear tactics and celebrities (or rather, "wannabe celebrities") life stories, they forget to print real issues that effect real people. And do you know why they run these stories?


Because they are profitable. 



Take that for example. Japan may have just found not one, but two cancer drugs. Okay, so they are still in clinical trials, so it would hardly make front page. But surely it deserves a little bit more space than that. To put it beside an almost full page advertisement for Pork? That's just tasteless. Cancer is a serious matter. Pork is not. Profitability over function, I tell you.

When did the world begin to revolve around money? I know that there must have been a time, a long long time ago when this wasn't the case. Whether you believe in a higher being or not, the human race was not put on this planet to read about men and women who broadcast every single aspect on their life on TV, or attractive, but completely talentless people who claim to be musicians. I'm not entirely sure why we are all here, but I assume it has something to do with helping others and making the most of our time here on earth, mainly by prolonging the time we have. 

I can't properly express my disgust by this... so I'll end by simply shaking my head and daydreaming of a day where scientists find a cure for cancer and it's not displayed next to an advertisement for meat.