Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tremors



I've always had a soft spot for the horror / comedy Tremors, sure it's cheap and cheesy but I think it's a lot of fun.

I had previously seen the first sequel which I thought was OK but I'd never bothered seeing the two following movies in the series, as it happened a few weeks ago I was talking to a friend of mine about various science fiction TV series and he asked me if I'd seen Tremors: The Series and I had to admit I knew they'd made it but I hadn't seen an episode of the show.

Well I went home and looked to see what the series cost and found it was pretty cheap but I thought you can't own the series and not the movies so I ordered them as well.

Winter is settling in down under and I've found myself confronted with some very miserable weather lately so yesterday I sat down and watched all four of the Tremors movies, the original movie is still a lot of fun, the DVD release is just horrible ( I've since ordered the Blu-ray which is apparently an improvement ), at times you could be forgiven for thinking you were watching a bad VHS copy of the movie and the three sequels all received far better quality releases, while the first two sequels were just OK I really liked Tremors 4: The Legend Begins, in fact I'd nearly go so far as to say it was my favorite film in the series.

As far as B-Grade horror / comedy movies go the Tremors films are worth a look and I think now I'm ready to dive into the television series