Sunday, June 19, 2011

Change your life with the words of others.

Simple idea... too simple to be effective, surely?


You'd assume that is the case, but I assure you, it isn't.


As a few of you know, I have been trying a new thing to inspire me into making good life choices, which is so simple, I'm angry I haven't thought of it before.


Basically, I have taken fifteen quotes that I find either relate-able or inspiring, wrote them down on a piece of paper and stuck them on the cabinet that is above my bed. 


This is the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning, and the last thing I see before I go to sleep at night. 


And the influence it has had on my life is fairly dramatic already.


I can honestly say that I have NEVER felt so inspired in my whole entire life. I'm motivated and ready to change the world... even if that sounds ridiculous. I don't care. I'm ready to do it!


It's hard to describe... I think you really need to choose your own quotes/lyrics before you can truly see the effect this simple exercise can have on your life.


"Don't let pain define you. I do that a lot... but we can fight it together. We fight together." - Hayley Williams
"Sanity is not statistical". - George Orwell
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." - Randy Pausch
"To be happy, it first takes being comfortable being in your own shoes. The rest can work up from there." - Sophia Bush
"A scar is just a mark, not a burden but a start of something new" - 'Crystal Clear' by Young Guns
"All that is waiting for you won't come any closer, you've got to reach a little more" - 'Careful' by Paramore
"When we think we know people inside out and we think we know what's best for them, we should try to remember: We don't even know what's best for ourselves" - Hayley Williams
"With the birds I share this lonely view" - 'Scar tissue' by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
"They'll suppress you of your spirits and rinse you dry of smiles" - 'Stand Up' by Jessie J
"My horizons lies a jagged line, I can clearly see the mountains that i've yet to climb, I'll get there if it kills me" - 'Weight of the world' by Young Guns
"I'll never be what you want, I wouldn't change any part of me just to make you stay" - 'Never be what you want' by We are the in crowd
"Be unforgettable" - Hayley Williams
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity." - Martin Luther King Jr
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." - Judy Holliday
"There ain't no room for the hopeless sinner, who would hurt all mankind just to save his own." - 'People get ready' by Eva Cassidy
"There was never a good war or a bad peace" - Benjamin Franklin 
I'm working on getting more quotes, but these are the ones I've got so far.


This probably won't help anyone, but hey, who knows? It's worth a shot, isn't it?


It seriously is insane how much of an impact it can have on your life, to allow the wisdom of others to seep into your own brain. Everyone has at least one wise thought in their lifetime. If you listen to these thoughts, perhaps one a day, or a week, for the rest of your life, you can bet that you are able to stop existing and start living.


Living a life that is not dictated by self-doubt, discrimination and hatred. And if your able to do that? You are better than most in modern day society. So you can be proud of that.

Got any quotes/lyrics you think should be on here?



Please, comment!


Lauren xxx


P.S. Thanks to Steve for suggesting the Benjamin Franklin/Eva Cassidy quote/lyrics. I love them!