Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dirt 3 - Very Disappointing !

Last week I bought the much anticipated Dirt 3 on PS3, and while it's a fantastic looking game the game play is pretty uninspired, it's really just more of the same and while the multi player part of the game looks like it might be fun over the short term I think it's something I would quickly get sick of.

What I really don't like about this game is the requirement to register the game online to access some of the offline single player content, this is simply about greed, for some time now game publishers have been looking for a way the get a piece of the second hand game market.

I'm sort of OK with them wanting you to register your game to play online and if you've bought a second hand copy of a game paying a minimal fee for a new registration key to play online but it pissed me off to no end to have bought a new full priced copy of a game and constantly be told I couldn't use certain cars in some events because I hadn't registered my game and at the time I couldn't register it because the PlayStation network was down but what if you don't have an Internet connection or don't want to play online ?, you still pay the same price but don't get all the features the person who has his PlayStation ( or X-Box 360 ) connected to the Internet - this seems to me to be rather unfair.

I will be returning my copy of Dirt 3 tomorrow and in the future I will no longer be buying any console games that require online registration, this isn't about piracy or providing a better service to the consumer, it's about greed and I'm not going to be part of this latest type of scam.