Friday, June 24, 2011

Superman Returns



I've just finished watching Superman Returns, there were complaints about it's original Blu-ray release ( although I didn't notice any problems myself ), this new Hi-def print certainly looked and sounded impressive, unfortunately it's now much easier to spot the CG Brandon Routh in some sequences but this disc would make a great Blu-ray demo disc.

It was nice to see the Return to Krypton sequence included in the deleted scenes, given that it had been completed and was basically a 5 minute special effects sequence I'm not sure why it wasn't used in the movie, especially since it explained where Superman was returning from.

Superman Returns is certainly a flawed movie but there are parts of it that I really like and I think it's a shame that Brandon Routh didn't get to revisit the role of Superman again.