Wednesday, April 6, 2011

MTV gets down and dirty.

If the world ends in 2012, I am not going to blame:


a) God.
b) Satan.
c) Global Warming
d) Hate between nations
e) Natural Disasters
f) Nuclear bombs.

Nope. None of that "obvious" stuff. You know what I am going to blame?



Well... MTV and other music channels!

Can you even count MTV as a music channel anymore?

It's not going to change the fact that I will STILL blame them for the apocalypse. I'm just curious.

Okay, here's the reason(s) that I'm hating MTV right now.


That, and, as ever, the countless reality shows that they have released on us all...

I can't believe the idiocy of this girl.
What's that? You can't either?

No. Just no. Fame isn't about getting pregnant or flaunting your cash, getting naked whilst a rapper churns out pretentious rhymes... It's about having a talent and sharing that talent with the world.

Look, listen to artists like Gavin Degraw, Natalie Taylor, Laura Izibor, Chad Gilbert, Myke Black, Clare Maguire, Butch Walker... they don't try to amp their songs up with Auto tune. These guys and gals are PURE. Talent.

Adele, Jessie J, Pink, Bruno Mars, Paramore, Forever The Sickest Kids, My Chemical Romance, New Found Glory... These guys are successful, but they don't sell their songs with sex. They don't strip off or let a camera crew follow them around 24 hours a day. The reason? They care more about the music than the perks that go along with it.

That's the way it was before the days of the internet and music videos. And then... BOOM. It's all about the money. It's sad really.

Some music vids make me laugh: We are the in crowd - Both Sides of the story
Some make me cry: Pink - F**kin' Perfect
Others make me think: Pink - Stupid Girls
Others make me feel as though my mind was just raped: Katy Perry - E.T.

And I like those. But It's the ones where there's a girl dry humping a sofa that make me think "Oh here we go again..."

Then you hear little kids singing the songs, or trying to dance like they do in the video...

Smack That? Really? Dude.

Whatever. You can't change society. Just sharing my opinion.

Lauren (Call me Granny G) xxx

P.S. Granny Geek.... just in case you didn't get what the G stood for.