Monday, April 8, 2013

Tangled

I pride myself in being a fairly big Disney fan. But I had to admit that I haven't seen every Disney movie. Normally the big released I tend to see them in the theater but for some reason this one slipped by back in 2010. So when I saw it was playing on TV I recorded it on my DVR and it's been sitting there for over a month. Today I finally decided to sit down and watch Tangled. Here's a brief synopsis: The magically long-haired Rapunzel has spent her entire life in a tower, but now that a runaway thief has stumbled upon her, she is about to discover the world for the first time, and who she really is.

My Review: I LOVED it.. it's charming, funny and witty.. everything a Disney movie should be. It was great for kids and also fun for adults. I enjoyed the characters and cool action scenes. I had no idea that this was a musical, but I guess I should have guessed.. I mean it's Disney afterall. And I really enjoyed the songs.  The animation was classic Disney.. but I did read on wiki... "The film employed a unique artistic style by blending features of both computer-generated imagery (CGI) and traditional animation together, while utilizing non-photorealistic rendering to create the impression of a painting " which I found very interesting. I really enjoyed the "sidekick" characters, the chameleon and dog like horse. All in all a fantastic movie and one that I will for sure be buying on bluray. I give it a solid A