Saturday, April 13, 2013

Doctor Who: The Forgotten




One of the things I picked up while I was in Sydney for the Lords of Time convention was the hardcover trade paperback Doctor Who: The Forgotten.

Basically The Doctor loses his memory and with the help of Martha Jones explores what appears to be a museum dedicated to his past lives and using various items on exhibit within begins to remember who he is, meanwhile a mysterious observer hatches a his deadly plot for revenge.

The Forgotten was a fun read, it features the first 10 Doctors as well as several of the companions and is chock full of references to both the classic and new series that will no doubt amuse fans of the show.

I did find the basic concept behind this story reminded me a bit of Terrance Dick's novel The Eight Doctors but I still enjoyed the story despite this.