Thursday, April 18, 2013

Superman: What Price Tomorrow




I recently picked up a hardcover collection of the first 6 issues of DC Comics relaunch of Superman, I'd seen some of the artwork online and I knew that I didn't like some of their design choices for the new Superman, what I didn't expect was that it would be one of the worst things I'd read in years, the artwork is for the most part bland and I generally enjoy Nicola Scott's art ( if memory serves me correctly she was finishing art by George Perez on at least some of the issues so that may have something to do with it ) but what I really didn't expect was how boring the story was, sadly it was one of the worst things I've read in years.

Superman is one of DC's flagship titles so I was expecting something special when it came to the Superman relaunch, perhaps my expectation were too high but I have no real interest in reading any more stories based on this incarnation of Superman.

I also recently picked up a couple of other New 52 trade paperbacks but based on how wrong they got the Superman relaunch I'm not sure I want to read them any time soon.