Sunday, November 20, 2011

Breast Cancer Donation....

Well this is a late post but it is for a good cause. I was going to post the spaceship interior I was doing earlier this week but at the last minute I decided to paint a figure for the upcoming Breast Cancer Event at our LHS so it was only fitting that I post the WIP for the mini they asked me to do. So I contact the Press Ganger in charge of the event and he asked if I would do Calandra. I was going to put her together the next day but my weekend got busy which not I am thankful for because if I would have gotten to this blue girl when I purchased her she would have been on a normal flat base with not to many features. Due to the delay I had time to think as I drove around doing errands and it came to me to elevate her and have a waterfall running on the base. I used some slate that I have left over from my kitchen floor and glued a couple of pieces together and used a die to elevate her. Once they were dry I attached her to the top with some supporting rocks around her foot to add strength. Once that was all done I mixed some Sculpta Mold and filled in the gap below the slate and then inserted some slate fragments to give it some flavor. Now she is drying and I will spray her tomorrow and start working on her. This will be a fun project and for a worthy cause.

Cheers,
John...