Friday, November 5, 2010

The Dresden Files


Well my A.D.D must really be going into overtime at the moment as I've now started watching yet another TV series on DVD, this time around it's The Dresden Files based on the novels by Jim Butcher.

I've never read any of Butcher's Dresden novels ( or in fact any of his books ) but I've only ever heard good things about them and I was under the impression the show was supposed to be pretty good as well but after four episodes this show has really failed to impress, perhaps it's just that I've read an awful lot of books and comics in my days not to mention watched a lot of TV and movies but so far I've been left with the feeling I've seen it all before, in fact in terms of feeling ( not character just general feel ) this show seems to me to be like a lower budget version of Supernatural.

The Dresden Files isn't a bad show but it's not particularly memorable either, I think there are eight episodes left of the first and only season so I suppose it could improve over it's remaining episodes but as things stand at the moment I'm glad I got the DVDs on sale, I think I'd be slightly annoyed if I paid full price for this series based on what I've seen thus far.