Friday, July 2, 2010

Here there be Dragons

I watched Eragon last night, I'd heard nothing but bad things about the movie and while it was nothing special I wouldn't say it was as bad as it's reputation suggested, I haven't read the book the movie was based on but it felt like this was an extremely dumbed down version of a book and all that was left was the bare skeleton of a story, the film wasn't helped by the fact it's leading actor was inexperienced and it had a first time director at the helm.

I doubt I'll ever bother to watch the movie again in the future but I can at least say I've seen it, I don't know if the books are something that would appeal to me, I might pick up the first one if I see it on sale one day.

Eragon certainly wasn't a great movie but I've seen a lot worse films in my day.