Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cartoons, cartoons and more cartoons.

It was a cold and miserable Saturday today so I took the opportunity to finish off a few things I was part-way through and as it turned out they were all animated shows, I watched the final disc of the 90's Iron Man series, it was OK I guess, for me it was really odd how they completely changed the animation style in the second season, the show could've been better but I've also seen a lot worse.

Next it was the second volume of  The Superhero Squad Show or as I call it Marvel Babies, I imagine there are a lot of die hard comics fans who probably hate this show but I think it's fun and it's a good way to introduce kids to the Marvel Universe and it's characters.

Finally I watched the last few episodes of season seven of Family Guy, for me the show has lost a lot of it's charm and the producers seem to be running out of steam, I'm far from prudish but it seems that the shows writers have decided that crude is the same as funny, every now and then the show has occasional flashes of brilliance but there are often episodes where I don't smile let alone laugh, if my daughter wasn't a big fan of the show I probably would've given up on it by now.