Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Geeky Android Firmware Upgrade...

Being an absolute geek and staying up to upgrade my phone's firmware with Android's Ice Cream Sandwich... 


Just hope I will be able to go to sleep in the next half an hour -__-zzzzzzzz


1:18 am update: it didn't work... will try again later on today... zzzzzzzzz!


Update 22/03/2012: So it didn't upgrade to the icecream version - just the latest Gingerbread 2.3.5 version, which is S*** and should have upgraded last year! :( Oh well. Need to root my phone again toooooo....!!


Update 23/04/2012: At last T-Mobile!!! I finally get my upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich. ^^


Update 06/06/2012: If you decide to root your phone, follow this person's guide. I found it relatively easy compared to the previous way of rooting!

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s2-i9100-root-ics-xwlp7-xwlp8-u-k-ireland-australia-78995/
And...
If you need to download Samsung Kies to upgrade (in the UK) here's the official link: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP