Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The SQA are mean sometimes.

For all you non-Scottish reader, the SQA stands for the Scottish Qualifications Authority. They are the ones who make up tests for people to sit, in a certain affect, they control your future.


We are the puppets.
Don't even pretend that we're anything else.

Annually, on this date, my generation take a minor (read: MAJOR) panic attack. Thoughts include:

"Why didn't I try harder?!"
"Why are the exams that my year had to sit so much more difficult than previous years?"
"I might as well commit suicide."


The last one genuinely isn't a joke. People who say it (yes, there are people who say it) don't say it seriously but they don't see this as a joking matter.


Look, I'm going to post my results on here. And I'm going to do it for one reason and one reason only...


I don't want any of you asking me "How did you get on with your results?"


Not a single word.


Got that?


Okay!

Higher English - B
Higher Human Biology - B
Higher Psychology - B
Higher Art and Design - C
Higher Maths - F


I take failure horrendously, I detest Maths and I'm slightly heartbroken because I was pretty confident I'd scraped a C for Maths...


A huge amount of work went into Maths. A huge amount of money went into Maths.


All of it was wasted.


Hence, why I want to hear no more of this after I click "Publish Post".


Good luck to everyone who is still awaiting results (or in the case of Megan, bad luck!)


And again, I'd appreciate it if you didn't ask me how results went. I'm getting over it, but I'll have enough "I am disappointed in you" looks from my parents to last me a lifetime.


Thanks guys.


Lauren xxx