Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kindred: The Embraced





Kindred: The Embraced is a show I've been interested in seeing for a few years, about three weeks ago I finally bought the DVDs and today I watched the first one and a half episodes and I've come to the conclusion this show really sucks.

While I was watching the pilot I was often reminded of mind numbingly bland Charmed ( well the few episodes I saw were incredibly bland so I gave up on it early on ), it's no that some of the ideas in Kindred: The Embraced weren't good but they were so diluted and the show chose to focus on soap opera aspects instead of proper storytelling.

My daughter is a big fan of Charmed and I suspect she'll probably enjoy Kindred: The Embraced as well, I was amused to discover that a lot of the same people were behind both television series, in fact you could almost look at Kindred: The Embraced as a early prototype for Charmed.

I think that unless you are a big fan of soap opera or concepts that are heavily dumbed down so as not to offend anyone then Kindred: The Embraced is a show that's probably best avoided.